FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies U.S.A., Inc.
FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies Texas LLC
FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies UK Limited
We want to be clear about our privacy practices so that you can make informed choices about the use of your information, and we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time with questions or concerns.
The information we collect falls into two broad categories: (1) information you voluntarily provide to us and (2) information that is automatically collected.
Information you voluntarily provide to us. Generally, you can visit FUJIFILM’s site without providing any personal or sensitive personal data. However, on some pages, we collect personal data in order to provide a service or carry out a transaction requested by you. See below for what personal data is collected and how it is used. We may also ask for feedback relating to our goods or services. Participation is voluntary and you are not required to provide this information. There generally is no negative effect on you if you choose not to provide your personal data. However, since personal data may be needed to process an order, if you choose not to participate, we may not be able to perform a requested service or complete a transaction.
- What is a cookie? A cookie is a small text file that is placed on a computer or other device and is used to identify the user or device and to collect information. Cookies help to track user trends and patterns and also relieve users from having to re-enter their preferences on certain areas of the site where they have previously entered preference information. The cookie types we use to collect personal data and non-personal data include the following attributes: session cookies, persistent cookies, third-party cookies.
- What is a web beacon? A web beacon is an often-transparent graphic image, usually no larger than 1 pixel x 1 pixel that is placed on a website or in an email that is used to monitor the behavior of the user visiting the website or sending the email. It is often used in combination with cookies. We use web beacons to access cookies and to count users who visit our site or open email messages. We collect this information to improve the delivery of our web pages to you and to measure traffic on our site. We sometimes use the non-identifying and aggregate information that is collected as described above to enhance the design of our site and help us understand the needs of our visitors.
How We Use Your Information. We process personal data for these service- and business-related purposes:
- Account creation: We use personal data such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number to set up and administer your account and to provide customer support and training, send important account and service information, and to allow us to communicate with you.
- Sales orders and service: We use personal data such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and financial and bank information including credit card numbers in order to provide service for a product or for product orders.
- Product registration and warranty: We use personal data such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number and product information for registration and warranty purposes, and to communicate to you regarding these services.
- Marketing purposes: We use personal data such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number to send marketing communications and to respond to inquiries about FUJIFILM, products, services, and events to you across various platforms, such as email, phone, text messaging, direct mail and online.
- Sweepstakes and contest entries: We use personal data such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number for entry into sweepstakes and contests.
- Surveys and polls: If you choose to participate in a survey or poll, any personal data, such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number you provide may be used for marketing or market research purposes.
- Career and applicant purposes: We use personal data such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number to communicate during the recruitment process regarding potential careers at FUJIFILM.
Legal obligations: We may be required to use and retain personal data for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation or a crime; loss prevention; or fraud. We may also use personal data to meet our internal and external audit requirements, information security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence; (b) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to enforce terms and conditions; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or those of other persons.
When We Share Personal Data. FUJIFILM will not provide personal data to any third party or use the information for an undisclosed purpose except as otherwise noted at the point where the information is collected and where necessary to provide services or conduct our business operations as described below. We only share personal data in accordance with data privacy and security requirements, and we occasionally will share non-personal, anonymized, and statistical data with third parties. We make appropriate efforts to ensure that the entities we share personal data with do not further distribute the information such as entering into non-disclosure agreements.
- With third-party service providers. We have third-party service providers around the world. Personal data will be made available to these parties only when necessary to fulfill the services they provide to us such as software, system, and platform support; direct marketing services; cloud hosting services; advertising; data analytics; and order fulfillment and delivery. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal data we make available to them for any other purpose than to fulfill its obligations to FUJIFILM.
- With third parties for legal reasons. We will share personal data when we believe we are legally required to, such as:
- Under applicable law or by legal process such as a court order.
- To prevent physical harm or property damage, and to protect our rights, users, systems and services.
- As part of an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful conduct.
- To comply with and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence.
- In the event of a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
How we secure personal data. FUJIFILM takes the security of personal data it collects and retains seriously. We are committed to safeguarding it and protecting against unauthorized access to, or use of, our information assets and any other anticipated threats or hazard to the security and integrity of such assets. Measures we take to safeguard personal data include appropriate policies and procedures to address risk management, appropriate restrictions on access to personal data; monitoring and physical measures for the secure storage and transfer of personal data; training for employees and contractors with access to personal data; and vendor risk management requiring contractual obligations to protect any personal data with which they are entrusted in accordance with our security policies and procedures. For more information on FUJIFILM’s information security program, please click here http://www.fujifilmusa.com/cybersecurity/index.html.
How long we keep personal data. FUJIFILM has policies and procedures relating to the retention of personal data based upon a classification scheme consisting of business functions and process areas, and the classification and types of the data and records. We retain personal data for as long as we reasonably require it for business and legal purposes. In determining data retention periods, FUJIFILM considers contractual and legal obligations, and the expectations and requirements of customers, vendors, suppliers and others who share their personal data with us. When we no longer need personal data, we securely delete or destroy it.
Your right to access, correct, or delete your personal data. We respect your right to access and control your personal data, and we will endeavor to respond to requests for information about personal data and, where applicable will correct, amend, or delete your personal data.
- Access to personal data: We will comply with requests for access to your personal data, subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to provide you reasonable access to any of your personal data we maintain within 30 days of your access request. If we cannot honor your request within the 30-day period, we will inform you when we will be able to provide access. In the unlikely event that we cannot provide you access to this information, we will explain why we cannot do so. We will ask for proof of your identity in order to confirm your identity and that you are seeking access to personal data belonging to you, and also sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data. We may also charge a fee for providing you with a copy of your data (except where this is not permissible under local law).
- Correction to and deletion of personal data: In some jurisdictions, you have the right to correct or amend your personal data if it is inaccurate or requires updating, and also the right to request deletion of your personal data. Due to legal requirements and other obligations and factors, this is not always possible. Remember that account information may be corrected, deleted, or updated by using the “Contact Us” option within the relevant service. For inquiries of this nature, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Opting out: To opt out of marketing email, you can use the unsubscribe link found in the email communication you receive from us. You may also use the “Contact Us” option within the relevant service to opt out and elect not to receive further emails from us.
- Choices: Some personal data is necessary in order to provide certain services. However, you may choose to limit FUJIFILM’s use of your personal data by adjusting your browser settings, opting out, or you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding your choices. Since personal data may be needed to process an order, if you choose not to participate, we may not be able to perform a requested service or complete a transaction.
- Filing a Complaint. EU residents have the right to make a complaint to a data protection regulator in the event of dissatisfaction with how FUJIFILM manages their personal data. A list of National Data Protection Authorities can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm. Please contact us at email@example.com with any requests related to your personal data.
Our Special Commitment to Children’s Privacy. Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13. This website is not intended for anyone under the age of 16. If you are younger than 16, you may not use this website.
Do Not Track. “Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that you can set in your Internet search browser that sends a signal to a website that you do not want the website operator to track certain browsing information about you. However, because our site is not configured to detect Do Not Track signals from a user’s computer, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track requests at this time.
- You may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies U.S.A., Inc., Attention: Information Security, 101 J Morris Commons Lane, Morrisville, NC 27560 USA.
- For marketing preferences and services support relating to updating your account information or email marketing preferences, or for technical support or other help with services, please use the “Contact Us” option for the relevant service.
Thank you for visiting FUJIFILM’s site.
© 2018 FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies U.S.A., Inc. All rights reserved.