- Assist with basic laboratory work in BSL 2 Laboratory.
- Assist with Cell culture and cell passage.
- Assist with Viral culture and characterization.
- Routine laboratory maintenance.
- Assist with keeping the lab organized, stocked and clean.
- Assist with Preparation of solutions and perform other lab duties related to methods development.
- Must follow good documentation practices and document work according to FDBT standards.
- Capability to learn and utilize current systems for calibration, inventory tracking and routine ordering.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Basic Laboratory skills, including sterile technique and basic analytical skills (SDS-PAGE, spectrometry, ELISA)
- Ability to perform at least three or more of the following: cell counts and viability, pipetting, antibody based assays, DNA based assays, and/or experience with multiple BSL 2 cell lines.
- Basic Microscopy skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Ability to learn and acquire new skills in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work assignments with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a manual pipets and other analytical equipment as well as office equipment (keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, etc.).
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals, gases, fumes, odors, mists, and dusts, and other hazardous materials.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat, and gloves.
- Ability to work weekends and off-shift hours as needed to support FDBT activities.
- May be required to lift up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Associate’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Molecular Biology or related field.
- Prior relevant lab experience
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.