Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies U.S.A., Inc. is seeing an Upstream Production Technician. The successful candidate will be performing cell culture sterilization techniques, support mammalian cell culture manufacturing processes, sustaining purification of bio-pharmaceuticals, operate various process equipment, documenting daily manufacturing operations in a cGMP environment, working with single- use and stainless steel bioreactors, fermentation, and/or filtration. This is a day shift position (7:00 am – 7:00 pm).
Main areas of responsibility include:
- Producing pharmaceutical components and products by setting-up, cleaning, operating, and maintaining equipment; following aseptic procedures.
- Producing requirements by operating and monitoring equipment; observing varying conditions; adjusting equipment controls; calculating concentrations, dilutions, and yields; adhering to aseptic procedures.
- Preparing equipment by performing cleaning-in-place (CIP), steaming-in-place (SIP), and manual cleaning;
- Preparing media, feeds and buffers in accordance with procedures.
- Initiating deviations as needed, reporting and solving problems and issues.
- Maintaining safe and clean work environment by following current good manufacturing practices (cGMP), and standard operating procedures; complying with legal regulations; monitoring environment.
- Following safety and environmental procedures and using all precautions necessary to have an injury free workplace.
- HS diploma and 2+ year’s cGMP biotechnology production experience required
- Computer Skills including email, PAS X (material control systems), word and excel.
- Ability to work a 12-hour shift.
- Ability to work weekends, as dictated by shift rotation.
- Physical Ability: To push/pull over 35 pounds, frequently. To stand, crawl, bend, stoop, lift/mop overhead, use ladders and stairs frequently. To wear safety shoes, safety glasses and respirator.
- Fermentation/Cell Culture experience required
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.