- Develop component and raw material plans to enable successful completion of the manufacturing plan.
- Maintain adequate levels of material in support of the manufacturing organization while adhering to corporate inventory objectives.
- Serve as a materials representative in the implementation of an Enterprise Resource Planning System.
- Develop processes that enhance the materials process while streamlining day-to-day operations.
- Utilize MPS tools to collect, track, and communicate metrics regarding supply chain such as on time delivery, cycle times, level loading of work, or right first time work.
- Plan, order, and buy materials and consumables providing inventories necessary to meet supply targets while adhering to company inventory objectives.
- Develop and execute integrated production planning and scheduling to enable successful completion of supply targets.
- Promote, support, and implement efficient usage of ERP system with the scope of Material Planning activities.
- Provide capacity and constraint analyses to create and maintain long term planning.
- Provide system expertise to assure all item setup, batch formulas, material allocation, consumption transactions, and other system activities are complete.
- Ensure material availability by coordinating delivery and release with the Purchasing, warehousing, Process Science, Program Management, and QA/QC departments while helping to resolve any problems associated with availability.
- Ensure Materials Requirements Planning System (MRP) is maintained commensurate with the corporate Master Production Schedule.
- Provide representation at client and project team meetings to maximize ability to meet client expectations
- Follow all safety, GMP, and environmental requirements in the performance of duties.
- Inventory control of newly received components/materials to include following SOP’s of receiving goods, documentation, and allocation to correct storage location.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Must have experience in all Microsoft computer applications.
- Experience in SOP revision and assessment as well as a demonstrated ability in investigating non-conformities.
- Ability to read, write, and understand all department documentation.
- Training or experience to demonstrate an understanding of the risks inherent to the processing, handling and storage of hazardous materials.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to execute a work plan and adapt to rapid changes in the schedule.
- Self-motivated and able to work with little direct supervision.
- Customer focused.
- Demonstrated ability to provide cross-functional planning and scheduling leadership with both internal and external customers/suppliers.
- Proven oral and written technical communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize tools required for scheduling/planning.
- Goal-oriented, flexible, and able to manage multiple priorities.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to work in cold temperatures.
- Ability to distinguish colors.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to work in high places.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work week-ends as needed.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Science, Business, or Engineering plus 5 years’ related experience in planning/scheduling, materials management, purchasing, and/or project management.
- Associates Degree plus 10 years’ experience in Purchasing and or Inventory Controls and vendor relations.
- High School Diploma plus 15 years’ experience in Purchasing an or Inventory Controlsand vendor relations.
- SAP experience
- Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical industry experience
- APICS Certifications such as CPIM (Certified in Production & Inventory Management) or CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional)
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.