Senior Staff Scientist – Process Design (R&D)
Grade – 35
Post Ref – R&D/0185
Salary – £43,688 – £54,611
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing manufacturing processes for customers biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham, UK, North Carolina, USA and Texas USA our global vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
As we continue on a period of significant growth we have an opportunity for a Senior Staff Scientist to join the Company.
The successful candidate will help deliver the Chemistry, Manufacturing & Controls (CMC) components of multiple customer programs entering late stage development to defined timelines. The role requires the provision of scientific and technical expertise to support the work packages required for product commercialisation including process characterisation and process validation. Working closely with key interface groups including, Program Design, QA, QC, Manufacturing & Regulatory Affairs as well as our customers is a key part of the role.
Technical Skills Required;
- In depth knowledge of methodologies associated with manufacture of biologics
- Good knowledge of the activities involved in late stage development and of regulatory requirements in terms of CMC including the concepts of Quality by Design (e.g. Risk Assessments, Critical Quality Attributes etc)
- Ability to communicate the progress of projects, both verbally using presentations and with written reports, to both internal and external customers
Education & Experience;
- A life science degree (Ideally a MSc or PhD) or significant experience in the area of biologics manufacturing
- Relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience in a CMC role
- Experience with managing multiple projects in parallel.
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering childcare vouchers, bikes, dental etc.
- Free parking.
- Generous pension scheme
For further information please see attached Job Description and Person Specification.
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to HR no later than 12 noon on Friday 9th November 2018. firstname.lastname@example.org
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.