We are ‘Advancing tomorrow’s medicines’ and making a real difference to the world in which we live. At Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies, we partner with our clients to deliver recombinant proteins, viral vaccines and gene therapies to patients. As a Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization (CDMO), our focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and viral vectors with world class GMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines. We seek candidates with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve optimized strategies, and execution programs with the ultimate goal of delivering products that transform the lives of patients.
The Upstream Process Development group is seeking a Senior Scientist with experience in microbial and recovery technologies. A Senior Scientist independently designs, executes and interprets complex laboratory experiments and development activities with broad priorities set by supervisor to achieve project goals. The individual demonstrates an application of scientific knowledge to projects and possesses a solid theoretical understanding within their own scientific discipline.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for one or more client projects as a technical lead.
- Independently generate experimental designs, conduct experiments, performs data analysis, and interpret data.
- Independently identify and resolve technical or project issues.
- Manage planning and scheduling for their program(s).
- Independently apply scientific and/or cross-functional knowledge to achieve project goals.
- Quality of work is complete and technically sound to ensure integrity of research.
- Ensures safety procedures and culture norms are followed.
- Demonstrated expertise in microbial and recovery technologies and theory. Experience running fermentors is ideal.
- Advanced knowledge of chemistry, biochemistry, engineering and associated techniques.
- Ability to complete technical assignments by designing, executing, and interpreting complex experiments.
- Provide technical leadership for higher-level analysis involving process experimental design and data analysis.
- Ability to deliver results within defined budget, timing, and resources constraints. Considers impact on other functional areas.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to influence and collaborate in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust activities in a fast-paced environment with defined deliverables and deadlines.
- Ability to monitor on going experiments and suggest alternatives or solutions.
- Working knowledge with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, statistical packages and other associated software used in the scientific field.
- Works independently with minimal guidance.
- Trains and provides guidance to lower level scientists.
- Provides functional supervision to junior scientists and performance feedback to managers.
- May have direct reports as applicable.
The position typically requires a Ph.D. and 1+ year of experience, M.S. and 6+ years of experience or B.S. and 10+ years of experience in upstream microbial technologies.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.