We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Sceintist II, Upstream Development at our Bioprocess Innovation Center located in Morrisville, NC
The successful candidate independently designs, executes and interprets complex laboratory experiments and development activities with priorities set by supervisor to achieve project goals. The individual demonstrates a practical understanding of own scientific discipline and applies knowledge in support of product development and new technologies.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, conducts, evaluates, interprets and reports complex laboratory experiments
- Develops and reviews new analytical methods or PD plans
- Reviews as appropriate procedures, plans, protocols or reports
- Expected to evaluate completeness and accuracy of data collected by other scientists to ensure integrity of research.
- Accountable for the logical progression of results and interpretation of data.
- Familiar with new practices and procedures in relevant literatures and is skilled in finding such procedures/practices.
The position typically requires a MS and 3+ years’ experience, BS and 7+ years’ experience and is an entry level position for a PhD degree with no prior experience.
The individual should have demonstrated proficiency in the follow areas:
- Microbial Fermentation:
- Advanced knowledge of chemistry and/or biochemistry and associated techniques
- Independent planning, execution and interpretation of routine and non-routine laboratory experiments.
- General knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Have acquired broad scientific knowledge within their own scientific discipline and applies best practices to client projects.
- An understanding of instruments, computer technology, and data analysis required to successfully complete project work.
- Ability to monitor on going experiments and suggest alternates or solutions to unusual occurrences.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.