We are ‘Advancing tomorrow’s medicines’ and making a real difference to the world in which we live. At Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies, we partner with our clients to deliver recombinant proteins, viral vaccines and gene therapies to patients. As a Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization (CDMO), our focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and viral vectors with world class GMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines. We seek candidates with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve optimized strategies, and execution programs with the ultimate goal of delivering products that transform the lives of patients.
The Bioassay Development group is seeking a Scientist II with experience in qPCR, cell-based assays, ELISAs and plate-based testing. The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for the development and qualification of assays for the characterization and identity, purity, and strength assessment of recombinant protein drugs. The position will also manage a small team and manage technology specific client interactions, providing customer service and managing timelines for deliverables.
The successful candidate requires the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Direct experience using cell based assays, ELISAs, and qPCR for protein characterization and release testing
- Direct experience in interaction with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible, and will meet client needs
- Independent use and application of instrumentation, computer systems and software for data acquisition and analysis
- Basic math and software skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Good interpersonal skills, the ability to work individually or as part of a team, and strong problem solving capabilities. Have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience managing direct reports or matrix management of scientists.
- Experience working in a regulated GMP environment is highly desirable
- In addition, the successful candidate must be comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with defined deliverables and deadlines
Optional additional experience which would be beneficial to the role:
- Client project management
- Experience in Lean Six-Sigma principles and its implementation across project management and lab operations
- MS and 5+ years lab experience or equivalent
- BS and 8+ years lab experience or equivalent
- 1+ years in project management
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.