Research / Senior Research Scientist – Downstream Platform Operations
Grade – 30-32
Post Ref – DPO_RS
Salary – £22,450 – £35,512
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing manufacturing processes for customers biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham, UK, North Carolina, USA and Texas USA our global vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
As we continue to grow we are recruiting a number of scientists in Downstream Platform Operations in our Research & Development department within FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies, Wilton, UK in a brand new, state of the art facility.
Highly motivated individuals are sought to join a group of scientists working to establish recombinant monoclonal antibody platform processes suitable for the manufacture of biotherapeutics. The available positions are for Research Scientists / Senior Research Scientists based on qualifications and experience.
The successful candidates will be laboratory-based and working as part of the Downstream Platform Operations team and will be involved in the establishment of platform downstream processes to enrich and purify monoclonal antibodies from laboratory to large scale.
The open positions rely on the candidates having:
- Research Scientist: A life science degree (BSc / MSc) with relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience within the areas advertised
- Senior Research Scientist: A life science degree (BSc / MSc) with 4-6 years of relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience within the areas advertised
Technical skills required:
- Knowledge of protein purification strategies for the isolation and purification of recombinant proteins specifically monoclonal antibodies
- Practical experience in utilising a range of downstream processing techniques including chromatography and filtration
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering childcare vouchers, bikes, dental etc.
- Free parking.
- Generous pension scheme
For further information please see Job Description and Person Specification.
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to HR no later than 12 noon on Friday 22nd February 2019. email@example.com
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.