Research Scientist or Senior Research Scientist
Grade – 30 – 32
12 Months Temporary Maternity Cover
Post Ref – 2019ATR010
Salary – £23,012 – £36,400
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies specialises in developing manufacturing processes for customer’s biologic drugs and offer stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham, Wilton, North Carolina, and Texas the business continues to expand in client’s base both new and existing along with a strong network of service providers.
As we continue to grow we are recruiting for a 12 month maternity cover scientist for the Analytical group in our Process Development department within FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies, Wilton, UK in a brand new, state of the art facility.
A highly motivated individual is sought to join a group of scientists working to establish recombinant monoclonal antibody processes suitable for the manufacture of biotherapeutics. The available position is for a Research Scientist or Senior Research Scientist based on qualifications and experience for a fixed 12 month maternity cover.
The successful candidate will be laboratory-based and working as part of the Analytical team which will be involved in the establishment and qualification of analytical methods using chromatography, spectroscopic (includes plate assays and LCMS) and biophysical characterization techniques. Providing analytical support to both upstream and downstream groups.
The open position rely on the candidates having:
- A life science degree (BSc / MSc) with relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience within the areas advertised
With technical skills required:
- Sound knowledge of analytical methodologies to support the characterisation of recombinant proteins
- Practical experience of the analytical techniques of chromatography, electrophoresis and spectroscopy(ELISA, plate assays). LCMS and biophysical techniques would be beneficial
- Understanding of the requirement to qualify/validate methodologies to support GMP manufacture
Key Responsibilities: detailed on the Job Description
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays
- BUPA healthcare cover
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering cycle-to-work, technology scheme, dental plan etc
- Free parking
- Generous pension scheme
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to HR no later than 12 noon on Monday 22nd July 2019. email@example.com
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion