Principal Scientist – Upstream Mammalian Process Development
Grade – 33
Post Ref – R&D/0173
Salary – £34,521 – £43,151
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing manufacturing processes for customers biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham, UK, North Carolina, USA and Texas USA our global vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
As we continue on a period of significant growth we have an opportunity for a Principal Scientist to join the Company.
Highly motivated individuals are sought to join the Process Development team and will be laboratory-based working to establish robust and reproducible upstream processes suitable for the manufacture of biotherapeutics (from scale down mimics to pilot scale bioreactors). The available positions are for a Research Scientist, Senior Research Scientist, or Principal Scientist based on qualifications and experience. They will also have a role to play in contributing to the implementation of new and innovative ways of working.
- Experience of the operation and control of stirred tank, laboratory scale (1-10L) and pilot scale (200L) mammalian cell culture bioreactors
- Experience with high throughput cell line screening technologies, such as the ambr™ systems is desirable
- Experience of mammalian cell culture (ideally CHO), preferably in a biotech/pharmaceutical industry setting
- Ability to communicate the progress of projects, both verbally using presentations and with written reports, to both internal and external customers
Education and experience:
- A life science degree (BSc / MSc) with relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience within the areas advertised. For the Principal Scientist grade, ideally a PhD in a relevant discipline.
- Experience in developing and optimising processes for the production of therapeutic proteins using CHO cells
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme.
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering childcare vouchers, bikes, dental etc.
- Free parking.
- Generous pension scheme.
For further information please see attached Job Description and Person Specification.
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to HR no later than 2nd March 2019. email@example.com
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.