Research Scientist / Senior Research Scientist / Principal Scientist (Upstream Platform Operations)
Grade – 30 – 33
Research Scientist / Senior Research Scientist Post Ref – ATR084-087
Principal Scientist Post Ref – ATR088
Salary – £22,450 – £43,151
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing manufacturing processes for customers biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham, UK, North Carolina, USA and Texas USA our global vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
As we continue on a period of significant growth we have an opportunity for a Research Scientists / Senior Research Scientists / Principal Scientist (Upstream Platform Operations) to join the Company.
As we continue to grow we are recruiting a number of scientists in Mammalian Cell Culture Upstream Platform Operations in our Research & Development department within FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies, Wilton, UK in a brand new, state of the art facility.
Highly motivated individuals are sought to join a group of scientists working to establish recombinant monoclonal antibody platform processes suitable for the manufacture of biotherapeutics.
The available positions are for Research Scientists / Senior Research Scientists / Principal Scientists based on qualifications and experience
The successful candidates will be laboratory-based and working as part of the Upstream Mammalian Cell Culture Platform Operation group involved in the establishment and evaluation of upstream processes to produce robust and reproducible processes resulting in consistent critical product quality and yields using Ambr and XDR technology.
The open positions rely on the candidates having:
- Research Scientist: A life science degree (BSc / MSc) with relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience within the areas advertised
- Senior Research Scientist: A life science degree (BSc / MSc) with at least 6 years relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience within the areas advertised
- Principal Scientist: PhD with/without post-doctoral study-level or equivalent relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience within the areas advertised
With technical skills required:
- Knowledge of mammalian cell line expression platforms and / or cell culture process development strategies
- Practical experience in aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture (ideally CHO based) methods
- Experience of transfection / cloning techniques and / or operation and control of stirred tank, laboratory scale (1-10L) mammalian cell culture bioreactors a plus
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering childcare vouchers, bikes, dental etc.
- Free parking.
- Generous pension scheme.
For further information please contact the HR & OD Team.
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to the HR & OD Team no later than 12 noon on Friday 26th October 2018
For further information please contact the HR Recruitment Team on email@example.com
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.