Senior Research Scientist / Principle Scientist (Downstream Platform Operations)
Grade – 32 – 33
Senior Research Scientist Post Ref – ATR079-082a
Principle Scientist Post Ref – ATR083a
Salary – £28,409 – £43,151
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing manufacturing processes for customers biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham, UK, North Carolina, USA and Texas USA our global vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
As we continue on a period of significant growth we have an opportunity for a Senior Research Scientist and a Principal Scientist (Downstream Platform Operations) to join the Company.
As we continue to grow we are recruiting a number of scientists in Downstream Platform Operations in our Research & Development department within FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies, Wilton, UK in a brand new, state of the art facility.
Highly motivated individuals are sought to join a group of scientists working to establish recombinant monoclonal antibody platform processes suitable for the manufacture of biotherapeutics. The available positions are for Senior Research Scientists / Principal Scientists based on qualifications and experience.
The successful candidates will be laboratory-based and working as part of the Downstream Platform Operations team and will be involved in the establishment of platform downstream processes to enrich and purify monoclonal antibodies from laboratory to large scale.
The open positions rely on the candidates having:
- Senior Research Scientist: A life science degree (BSc / MSc) with 4-6 years of relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience within the areas advertised
- Principal Scientist: PhD with/without post-doctoral study-level or equivalent relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience within the areas advertised
With technical skills required:
- Knowledge of protein purification strategies for the isolation and purification of recombinant proteins specifically monoclonal antibodies
- Practical experience in utilising a range of downstream processing techniques including chromatography and filtration
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering childcare vouchers, bikes, dental etc.
- Free parking.
- Generous pension scheme.
For further information please contact the HR & OD Team.
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to the HR & OD Team no later than 12 noon on Friday 26th October 2018
For further information please contact the HR Recruitment Team on email@example.com
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.