Research Scientist / Senior Research Scientist (Analytical Platform Operations)
Grade – 30-32
Post Ref – ATR072-076a
Salary – £22,450 – 35,512
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing manufacturing processes for customers biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham, UK, North Carolina, USA and Texas USA our global vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
As we continue to grow we are recruiting a number of Research and Senior Reseach Scientists for the Analytical Platform Operations group in our Research & Development department within FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies, Wilton, UK in a brand new, state of the art facility.
Highly motivated individuals are sought to join a group of scientists working to establish recombinant monoclonal antibody platform processes suitable for the manufacture of biotherapeutics. The available positions are for Research Scientists and Senior Research Scientists based on qualifications and experience.
The successful candidates will be laboratory-based and working as part of the Analytical Platform Operations team which will be involved in the establishment and qualification of analytical methods using chromatography, spectroscopic (includes plate assays and LCMS) and biophysical characterization techniques. Providing analytical support to both upstream and downstream platform operations groups.
- Research Scientist / Senior Research Scientist: A life science degree (BSc / MSc) with relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience within the areas advertised.
Technical skills required:
- Sound knowledge of analytical methodologies to support the characterisation of recombinant proteins
- Practical experience of the analytical techniques of chromatography, electrophoresis and spectroscopy(ELISA, plate assays). LCMS and biophysical techniques would be beneficial
- Understanding of the requirement to qualify/validate methodologies to support GMP manufacture
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering childcare vouchers, bikes, dental etc.
- Free parking.
- Generous pension scheme
For further information please see attached Job Description and Person Specification.
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to HR no later than 12 noon on Friday 2nd November 2018. firstname.lastname@example.org
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.