Temporary – 12 months
Grade – 29
Post Ref – MW0010
Salary – £20,043 – £25,055
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing manufacturing processes for customers biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham, UK, North Carolina, USA and Texas USA our global vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
As we continue on a period of significant growth we have an opportunity for a QC Technician (temporary – 12 months) to join the Company. There may be a requirement that this post will require working flexible day and shift hours.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of the QC Technician:
- Support the QC teams with analysis preparation to enable QC to support Biologics manufacturing.
- Follow written procedures and methods and set up systems, prepare laboratory reagents and prep aseptic samples for analysis.
- Assist in making improvements to systems within the QC department.
- Assist analysts where needed in analysis.
Successful applicants would ideally have some or all of the experience below:
- 5 GCSE level or equivalent (ideally Science, English and Mathematics)
- Biology/Chemistry degree or an understanding of analytical techniques is desirable although not essential.
- Self-organisation and self-motivation.
- The ability to communicate well.
This is an entry level position and will include repetitive tasks. However Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies is a company which develops staff and there is opportunity to progress within the department and company.
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary, including shift allowance plus company bonus scheme
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering childcare vouchers, bikes, dental etc.
- Free parking.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Additional shift pay where applicable.
For further information please see the enclosed Person Specification and Job Description.
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to the HR & OD Team no later than 12 noon on Friday 14th September 2018.
For further information please contact the HR Recruitment Team on email@example.com
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.