Grade – 26
2 Year Fixed Contract
Post Ref – OPS/0159
Salary – £14,524 – £18,155
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing manufacturing processes for customers biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham, UK, North Carolina, USA and Texas USA our global vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
As we continue on a period of significant growth we have an opportunity for a Purchasing Apprentice to join the Company.
The apprentice, will study and work towards completing the Commercial Procurement and Supply Apprenticeship within the 2 year placement. As part of this study, the applicant will attain a Level 4 Diploma with the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
Providing a comprehensive purchasing service to meet the current and developing requirements of Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies Limited. The role will ensure that items are: purchased to the correct specification and quality at the best value for Fujifilm. The role incorporates e-commerce, order placement, ensuring any purchasing queries are dealt with and to demonstrate Vendor Relationship Management with vendors. As part of the role, management of the Supply Chain vendor complaints will be key. This role follows the five R principles of Right Price at the Right Time, deliver the Right Material to the Right Place with the Right Quantity.
- To maintain close links with each customer programme team to ensure the timely provision of all required equipment and services to meet the agreed S&OP milestones.
- Process all In-direct SAP driven purchase requisitions.
- Ensure payment terms, shipping terms and terms & conditions are in Fujifilm Diosynth Technologies’ best interests.
- Deal with any PO discrepancies and liaise with end users with any discrepancies or requirements to expedite orders.
- To give guidance and assistance in the raising of site requisitions as/when required.
- To ensure all allocated training is completed and up-to-date within given timeframes.
- Be a key part of the Supply Chain Vendor Complaint process, managing the allocation of complaints, ensuring all actions are followed up and closed as per site procedures.
- Act as the Buyer for Quality and Process Development groups.
- Support the Fujfilm Diosynth Biotechnology philosophy of Vendor Relationship Management (VRM) and build external vendor relationships.
The job holder will be required to work towards and obtain operating knowledge of the various site systems, including the site ERP system SAP, EDMS (Electronic Document Management System) and Trackwise. The applicant must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of Word and Excel and have the ability to manipulate, analyse and present data. In this role, the job holder must have the ability to recognise any potential opportunities and develop them further to the advantage of Fujifilm.
The job holder must have the ability to work without direct supervision and to determine changing priorities on a daily basis, to meet diverse demands from a variety of sources, often to meet differing Customer needs. The job holder must be prepared to work flexible hours to manage peak work demands. Excellent interpersonal skills to establish good working relationships with customers, suppliers & peers of all levels within internal and external organisations are an essential requirement of the job holder.
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays
- BUPA healthcare cover
- Salary Sacrifice options offering cycle-to-work, technology scheme, dental plan etc
- Free parking
- Generous pension scheme
For further information please see attached Job Description and Person Specification.
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to HR no later than 12 noon on Monday 18th February 2019. email@example.com
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.