Summary: The Project Accountant is responsible for fiscal functions of the Company in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the contract manufacturing industry. The Project Accountant will provide leadership and coordination of company revenue contract to delivery; provide customer proposal and contract review; and program profitability tracking.
- Review all pricing proposals examining the ROS and resources required for the execution of the project and spotlight variations and reasonableness of deviation from the standard price model.
- Responsible for revenue recognition and invoicing of ongoing contracts.
- Updates cost modeling annually based on current asset setup and resource requirements.
- Develops and maintains Resource Planning Tools used to track PDO resources versus blue prints and utilization analysis to project discussions.
- Creates monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue for PDO aligned with PM deliverables.
- Develops, maintains, and reports Financial Program Profitability to management.
- Maintains and updates revenue forecast.
- Responsible for tracking monthly and annual revenue recognition for all projects.
- Supports the Manager of Accounting and the Controller in developing budgets and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with PM’s and functional groups to understand project and monthly milestone status and impact on financial results and reports variances to expectations to the Controller and/or COO.
- Responsible for annually updating and maintaining FDBT costing model / pricing model used to support proposals and change orders.
- Provides revenue inputs for PDO and monthly/annual forecasting to the Controller.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports and related analyses in accordance with GAAP on a timely basis.
- Coordinate preparation for external audits and ensures proper maintenance of accounting records and documentation in compliance with statutory requirements and Company policies.
- Supports the Controller in performing new contract proposals and pricing model reviews.
- Provide support related to the compliant development and implementation of cost/price proposals and related administrative activities for US Government cost-reimbursement contracts.
- Review accounting and administrative support related to contracts/projects, including calculation of overhead and labor rates, labor distributions, DS-1, and incurred cost submissions.
- Interpret and apply Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) to business situations.
- Accountable for delivery of monthly reports to various stakeholders according to pre-determined schedules.
- Manage compliance to Cost Accounting Standards and FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies Texas rules and SOP’s.
- Prepares memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents as needed, including drafting policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- All other duties as may be assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Detail oriented with advanced skills in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and database.
- Ability to drive performance, influence and lead others in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work across functional and intercompany boundaries, develop and maintain relationships with diverse internal and external business customers.
- Demonstrated experience with Revenue Recognition principles.
- Demonstrated analytical and verbal/written communication skills.
- Team oriented person who has excellent problem solving and judgment skills with a high attention to details and accuracy.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, standing, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Attendance is mandatory
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Accounting, Finance or related field with five (5) years of demonstrated relevant experience with previous work in financial analysis, cost modeling, or forecasting.
- Experience working in a GMP environment is considered a plus.
- Broad knowledge of business case analysis, dashboard reporting, and revenue/expense/capital analysis.
Experience with SAP or similar software in a corporate environment.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.
(Please note due to the large number of applications we receive, we will not be able to provide candidates with information on where they are at in the process. Candidates will be contacted directly if selected to interview.)