Programme Design Scientist (Proposals Team)
Grade – 33
Post Ref – FDBK/PDS
Salary – £34,521 – £43,151
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing manufacturing processes for customers biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham, UK, North Carolina, USA and Texas USA our global vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
As we continue on a period of significant growth we have an opportunity for a Programme Design Scientist to join the Company.
The Programme Design Group works closely with the commercial development sales team program management and finance and often represent Fujifilm during initial technical discussions with potential customers. The successful candidate will join the Programme Design team in Billingham and will be responsible for the preparation of technical proposals for potential customers to support the acquisition of new contracts for the FDB UK site.
Key duties will include;
- Scientific assessment and commercial and technical interpretation of customer’s Request for Proposal.
- Written and verbal communication of specialist technical advice to the sales team or potential customers during telephone or face to face meetings.
- Designing programmes of work that are appropriately scoped and resourced. Drafting, reviewing and issuing proposals for new and existing customer projects.
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of internal documents, reflecting the team’s up to date knowledge of Fujifilm Diosynth’s best practices and current industry trends.
The role requires a high level of analytical thinking, someone who can work flexibly and independently as well as within a small team. The role provides a significant amount of interaction both with external customers and internally with colleagues from a wide range of different departments and FDB sites. This results in a great opportunity for continuous personal development and learning and ensures that the role remains motivating and stimulating.
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering childcare vouchers, bikes, dental etc.
- Free parking.
- Generous pension scheme
For further information please see attached Job Description and Person Specification.
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to HR no later than 12 noon on Friday 18th January 2019. firstname.lastname@example.org
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.