Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies U.S.A., Inc. is seeking a Production Manager in our Upstream Manufacturing group. The successful candidate is recognized as subject matter expert with regard to manufacturing processes. Ensures delivery of production execution schedule and adherence to daily and weekly schedule. Initiates and oversees implementation of new technology and modifications to existing technology aimed at cost reduction, efficiency improvements, minimization of downtime and quality/safety enhancement. Recognizes and investigates opportunities for financial savings across a broad spectrum of operational activities. Must be able to identify and communicate improvement opportunities and results. Coordinates and leads production training and skill building. Identifies operational needs for special projects (new product subteam, capital projects, etc.) ensuring site/divisional linkage is achieved. Mentors and trains technicians, new managers and other new departmental employees. This is a night shift position.
Main areas of responsibility include:
- Proactively and regularly develops/manages team member’s performance and capabilities;
- Assures team activities, equipment, facilities, and personnel are operated and maintained in a state of compliance with appropriate requirements;
- Assures delivery upon production supply schedule;
- Develops, measures, and improves strategies within the team that are in alignment with site strategies
- Drives profit plan targets to assure alignment with profit plan targets.
This is a rotating night shift position.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS/BA degree preferred (science, engineering or other technical field preferred) plus three years of coaching/supervisory experience plus a minimum of one year experience in a related technical field or some college credits or military technical training in science, engineering or related technical field with a minimum of 5 years coaching/supervisory experience plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a related technical field.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, technical aptitude, and problem solving skills.
- Strong team skills, including ability to coach/develop work teams, provide training, motivate/empower others, and resolve conflict.
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple priorities.
- GMP experience
- Must be goal-oriented and able to manage risks.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work 12+ hour shifts, day or night.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.