Principal Scientist UPO
Grade – 33
Post Ref – R&D/0038
Salary – £34,521 – £43,151
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing manufacturing processes for customers biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham, UK, North Carolina, USA and Texas USA our global vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
As we continue to grow we are recruiting two Principal Scientists in Mammalian Cell Culture Upstream Platform Operations in our Research & Development department within FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies, Wilton, UK in a brand new, state of the art facility.
Highly motivated individuals are sought to join a group of scientists working to establish recombinant monoclonal antibody platform processes suitable for the manufacture of biotherapeutics. The successful candidates will be laboratory-based and working as part of the Upstream Mammalian Cell Culture Platform Operation group involved in the establishment and evaluation of upstream processes to produce robust and reproducible processes resulting in consistent critical product quality and yields using Ambr and XDR technology and which can be transferred into our cGMP manufacturing assets. They will also have a role to play in contributing to the implementation of new and innovative ways of working.
The open positions rely on the candidates having:
- Principle Scientist: PhD with/without post-doctoral study-level or equivalent relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience within the areas advertised
With technical skills required:
- Knowledge of mammalian cell line expression platforms and / or cell culture process development strategies
- Practical experience in aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture (ideally CHO based) methods
- Experience of operation and control of stirred tank, laboratory scale (1-10L) or pilot scale (200l) mammalian cell culture bioreactors a plus.
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering childcare vouchers, bikes, dental etc.
- Free parking.
- Generous pension scheme
For further information please see attached Job Description and Person Specification.
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to HR no later than 12 noon on Friday 01 February 2019. email@example.com
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.