Grade – 33
Post Ref – 2018ATR088
Salary – £34,521 – £43,151
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing and executing manufacturing processes for customer’s biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham, UK, North Carolina, USA and Texas, USA the Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies global vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
As we continue to grow we are recruiting Principal Scientists in Mammalian Cell Culture Upstream Department in our Process Development department within FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies, Wilton, UK in a brand new, state of the art facility.
Highly motivated individuals are sought to join a group of scientists working to establish recombinant monoclonal antibody processes suitable for the manufacture of biotherapeutics.
The successful candidates will be laboratory-based and working as part of the Upstream Mammalian Cell Culture group involved in the establishment and evaluation of upstream processes to produce robust and reproducible processes resulting in consistent critical product quality and yields using Ambr and XDR technology and which can be transferred into our cGMP manufacturing assets. They will also have a role to play in contributing to the implementation of new and innovative ways of working.
- Principle Scientist: PhD with/without post-doctoral study-level or equivalent relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience within the areas advertised
- Knowledge of mammalian cell line expression platforms and / or cell culture process development strategies
- Practical experience in aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture (ideally CHO based) methods
- Experience of operation and control of stirred tank, laboratory scale (1-10L) or pilot scale (200l) mammalian cell culture bioreactors a plus.
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- BUPA healthcare cover
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering cycle-to-work, technology scheme, dental plan etc.
- Free parking
- Generous pension scheme
Interested applicants must complete an application form (please do not send cv’s) and send to HR no later than 12 noon on Friday 7th June 2019. firstname.lastname@example.org
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.