Principal Scientist – Analytical Development
Grade – 33
Post Ref – R&D/0123
Salary – £34,521 – £43,151
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing manufacturing processes for customers biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham, UK, North Carolina, USA and Texas USA our global vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
As we continue on a period of significant growth we have an opportunity for a Principal Scientist to join the Company.
The successful candidate will deliver the analytical development component of multiple customer programs to defined timelines. The role requires the provision of scientific and technical support along with management of the work of laboratory staff. Working closely with key interface groups is a key part of the role. They will also have a role to play in contributing to the implementation of new technology and innovative ways of working.
- In depth knowledge of methodologies associated with the analysis of biologics
- Good knowledge of analytical activities associated with process development and the support of GMP manufactures
- Delivering cost effective analytical strategy to meet the appropriate current industry trends and regulatory standards
- Ability to communicate the progress of projects, both verbally using presentations and with written reports, to both internal and external customers
Education and experience
- A life science degree (Ideally a MSc or PhD) or significant experience in the area of biologics analytics
- Relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience within an analytical role
- Demonstrated experience with managing multiple projects in parallel , including ability to prioritise direct reports workload
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering childcare vouchers, bikes, dental etc.
- Free parking.
- Generous pension scheme
For further information please see attached Job Description and Person Specification.
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to HR no later than 12 noon on Friday 21st December 2018. email@example.com
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.