Manufacturing Senior Scientist
Grade – 33
Post Ref – R&D/0162
Salary – £34,521 – £43,151
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing manufacturing processes for customers biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham, UK, North Carolina, USA and Texas USA our global vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
As we continue grow we have an opportunity for a Manufacturing Senior Scientist to join the MF4 facility.
Reporting to the Head of R&D Manufacturing Operations, the successful candidate will be a key member of the Development Manufacturing Management Team responsible for the planning and execution of small scale (100L) cGMP batches for early phase clinical material supply. You will be accountable for the preparation and operation of the cGMP facility and equipment in order to execute 100L scale processes. You will create, review and maintain cGMP template documentation and training. Additionally, you will be expected to contribute to feedback on processes to help improve and develop more efficient and robust bioprocesses and ways of working in the facility.
- Knowledge of the principles and experience of the application of current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
- A high level of technical knowledge of manufacturing upstream equipment and operations.
- Sound judgement in Manufacturing issues.
- Training of operators in working in plant and coaching of other members of staff.
- Planning of batches.
- Generation and review of batch documentation.
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering childcare vouchers, bikes, dental etc.
- Free parking.
- Generous pension scheme
For further information please see attached Job Description and Person Specification.
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to HR no later than 12 noon on Friday 9th November 2018. email@example.com
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.