Summary: The Downstream Process Development Intern (Purification) will provide support in the PD department by assisting in development of a downstream plasmid DNA purification process. The intern will establish and assist in automating the process for efficiency. The internship typically will last up to 3 months and the time frame/schedule for the position will be determined by the Director, HR and Intern.
- Help establish a downstream plasmid DNA purification process.
- Help with automation of the purification process.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work collectively with team members to achieve goals.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals, gases, fumes, odors, mists, and dusts, and other hazardous materials.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat, and gloves.
- Attendance is mandatory.
Current enrollment and completion of at least one semester at a college or university working towards a degree in Biotechnology or closely related science field.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.
(Please note due to the large number of applications we receive, we will not be able to provide candidates with information on where they are at in the process. Candidates will be contacted directly if selected to interview.)