Individual will have considerable knowledge/expertise relevant to managing and overseeing a team responsible for processing viruses, plasmid DNA, and protein based products expressed in mammalian, bacterial, insect, and yeast cells, as well as optimizing and supporting operational excellence and lean activities.
- Responsible for setting annual goals and objectives and long range planning.
- Ensures departmental goals and project milestones are achieved.
- Responsible for budget and acquisition of capital equipment.
- Responsible for new business development through the identification and application of technologies, partnerships, or collaborations.
- Drives innovation programs to maintain and create the opportunity to offer leading edge technologies.
- Supports the sales and marketing activities to attract, secure, and retain client programs.
- Responsible for providing ongoing coaching and feedback and conducting performance reviews for direct reports including setting objectives and development plans, performance management, career development, training, mentoring, guiding, etc. in a matrix management structure.
- Reviews and calibrates performance and promotion recommendations for the department to ensure consistency and equity.
- Enhances and maintains a reputation for excellence.
- Resolves conflicts and removes obstacles that stand in the way of accomplishing project goals and objectives.
- Develops procedural requirements and quality standards within the organization.
- Fully engages in Client development projects, including working collaboratively with clients to identify technical solutions and escalate risks appropriately; communicates project status and effectively provides technical explanation and rationalization.
- Provides strategy, vision, and direction; makes decisions that establish objectives for the overall direction or operation of a significant project or area.
- All other duties as may be assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to direct the activities of a department.
- Possesses considerable independence to conduct projects.
- Demonstrated ability to create and nurture an environment that encourages brainstorming and collaboration around idea generation, experimental techniques, and sharing of knowledge and resources.
- Develops procedure and quality standards within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to create new scientific directions of value to the Company, and an understanding of the impact of global trends on development affecting the company and area of own expertise.
- Capable of independently conducting projects and able to recommend new areas of research to meet long-term business goals.
- Ability to optimize all phases of the experimental design process and effectively leads the planning and execution of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to foster a working environment focused on adherence to science, innovation, quality, regulatory standards and continuous improvement.
- Builds credibility within department by performing high quality work.
- Expands the technical capabilities of the Process Development / Process Sciences Groups, such as technology development, use of the literature and systems development.
- Effectively communicates results of own work though scientific meetings, presentations, discussions and documentation.
- Strives for results by setting ambitious tangible results for himself/herself and the team and takes personal responsibility for achieving goals.
- Displays the essential ability to work in team oriented environment, as this person will work closely with other members of Process Development / Process Sciences Groups and participate on multidisciplinary project teams.
- Demonstrated experience leading complex projects or programs.
- Good interpersonal and follow-up skills.
- Experience in managing project timelines and resources to accomplish project milestones.
- Experience in resolving conflicts and removing obstacles that stand in the way of accomplishing project goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in setting the scientific direction of the company’s development and innovation efforts.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, able to communicate with global customers, experienced in supporting sales and marketing activities to secure new business for the company
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged standing, along with some bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Ph.D. degree preferably in Chemistry, Biology, Life Sciences, or related field, with at least 12 years’ GMP experience preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry of which at least 8 years of management/supervisory experience OR;
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Life Sciences, or related field with at least 16 years’ GMP experience preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry of which at least 5 years of management/supervisory experience.
- Matrix management experience.
- Previous experience in a Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) environment.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.