- Deliver yellow belt training to establish and maintain the foundational problem solving and process improvement mind set in the organization.
- Set up, maintain, and audit the pink card system to ensure employees have a process for escalating problems and improvement opportunities and systematically tracking the root cause analysis of such problems/opportunities and realizing benefits.
- Maintain and audit the tier process, ensuring effective escalation and feedback across all levels of the organization in making problems visible and solving them.
- In coordination with the Head of Program Management, maintain, audit, and improve the customer program stage gate review process to ensure effective readiness and delivery risk assessment at the critical stages of customer program delivery
- Recruit and maintain lean six sigma black and green belt resources commensurate with the site goals and size of the improvement project portfolio.
- Establish and maintain a project portfolio database and site governance process to facilitate decision making and commitment by the site leadership team to initiate new projects, commit sponsorship and resources, and continually assess priorities for improvement projects in execution vs capacity for delivering the project benefits.
- Maintain operational excellence best practice in coordination with the other Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies sites.
- Facilitate annual site opportunity assessment to identify cost-saving and process improvement opportunities to support site delivery goals.
- All other duties as may be assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership skills; Ability to develop strategic relationships.
- Demonstrated experience with quality systems.
- Demonstrated delivery of lean six sigma project benefits and problem solving culture.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and establish strong Sponsorship relationships.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other analytical applications.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills, effectively engaging, facilitating, with the ability to influence and collaborate with others.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills and the ability to identify, assess, and resolve business problems, issues, risks and facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with clients and internal colleagues and stakeholders in a matrixed team environment.
- Focused on productivity, efficiency, simplification, right first time in program delivery (meeting customer requirements, cost reduction, growing business).
- Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for streamlining team and business processes to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt; AND
- Master’s degree preferably in business, engineering, science, or a related field with a minimum of 8 years’ experience preferably in Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical Operations with at least 5 years’ relevant operational excellence experience managing a portfolio of projects; OR
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, engineering, science, or a related field with a minimum of 10 years’ experience preferably in Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical Operations with at least 7 years’ relevant operational excellence experience managing a portfolio of projects; OR
- High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 14 years’ experience preferably in Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical Operations with at least 7 years’ relevant operational excellence experience managing a portfolio of projects.
- Experience in a cGMP facility or working with FDA regulations
- Experience working for a CDMO
- Experience working in a biologics or gene therapy manufacturing facility
- Previous Accounting/Finance/Budgeting experience
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.comor call 979-431-3528.