FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies U.S.A., Inc. is seeking a Financial Analyst. The successful candidate will analyze financial status by collecting, monitoring, and studying data; recommending actions. Financial planning and strategy along with Process Improvement and problem solving are key responsibilities.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support various capital and operational projects by establishing standard costs; collecting data.
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Maintains database by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field is preferred and 3+ years’ experience as a Public Accountant
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Audit experience preferred
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA) required
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.