- Assist with all aspects of EHS, including applicable OSHA regulations, environmental record keeping, safety audits, and accident investigations.
- Ensure the Emergency Response Plan remains current with regulatory requirements and site needs, assist with the readiness of FDBT personnel and facilities to respond to emergencies.
- Develop, conduct and facilitate safety and environmental training programs, including OSHA required training and certifications.
- Conduct environmental and safety audits and inspections; assist EHS Management with reporting to Senior Leadership.
- Assist with the development and implementation of environmental programs that are aligned with FUJIFILM Green Goals.
- Assist in developing and maintaining EHS budget.
- Provide up-to-date regulatory guidance to all departments.
- Maintain incident, near miss and positive action database and generate periodic reports for Senior Leadership.
- Create and review reports to ensure completeness, and appropriate action is taken to promote positive safety culture and prevent recurrence of near misses and incidents.
- Track incidents involving injuries. Conduct audits to ensure all injuries are properly reported.
- Lead the safety coach team and conduct regular meetings,
- Assist with development and implementation of environmental programs and submission of compliance reports to regulatory agencies and FUJIFILM Holdings, as required
- Conduct EHS system and facility audits to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work effectively with little supervision when needed.
- Experience with problem solving, able to think through a problem or to reach a solution in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of bio-medical, bio-technical processes, both upstream and downstream desirable but not essential.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate portable tools, test instruments, as well as a computer keyboard, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Have a normal range of vision.
- The ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Climb ladders and stairs of various heights.
- Be exposed to wet or humid conditions.
- This position may be On-Call for emergencies.
- Be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- Be exposed to noisy environments.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Safety Science, Environmental Science/Engineering or related field and one (1) year of directly related experience.
- Associate’s Degree preferably in Safety Science, Environmental Science/Engineering or related field and three (3) years of directly related experience.
- High School diploma or GED and seven (7) years of directly related experience.
- OSHA Hazmat Certification
- Experience working in a cGMP environment
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.