We are ‘Advancing tomorrow’s medicines’ and making a real difference to the world in which we live. At Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies, we partner with our clients to deliver recombinant proteins, viral vaccines and gene therapies to patients. As a Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization (CDMO), our focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and viral vectors with world class GMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines. We seek candidates with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve optimized strategies, and execution programs with the ultimate goal of delivering products that transform the lives of patients.
Initially the Jobholder will work closely, taking direction from the VP Global Business Change, in establishing the FDB Enterprise Project Management Office (ePMO) for the FDBU and FDBT sites and thereafter leading its day-to-day operation. The jobholder will also have direct responsibility for the line management of some of the Global Business Change Project Managers as they join the team.
The ePMO has been identified by the Executive Leadership team (ELT) as a necessary foundation for the delivery of the high volume of significant capital and multi-site change projects required in the FDB Mid Term Plan and Long Term Plan.
Through the ePMO, the jobholder will be responsible for standardizing FDB Project Management systems, training project managers and conducting resource analysis, thereby providing a framework that will support all stakeholders and project teams in increasing project delivery success.
The jobholder is also expected to project manage and/or play a significant role in the delivery of projects which are part of the FDB Global Business Change Plan (GBCP). This will involve key strategic and large matrix projects which include to varying degrees – global, multi-site, significant third party involvement and strategic client collaborations.
Dependent on the successful track record being established, this role has potential to develop into Global Director of Project Management Office and Project Delivery.
The proposed ePMO success will be fundamental in securing the improvements required in efficiency and processes of working to sustain and grow the business as per the long term plan of FDB to achieve $1b sales in 2023. Revenue costs associated with set up of ePMO through the period 2018 – 2020 are anticipated to be $3m. This budget is managed by the VP Global Change. When directing projects, responsible for day to day management of project budgets £ 1Million +
1300 across 3 sites
Once the ePMO is established, the job holder will have indirect line management responsibility for a small group (2+) of project staff operating across FDB sites. When the job holder is involved in directing projects, they will also be directly/in-directly responsible for the management of project teams (~between 2 and 20 people). These project teams may include both FDB employees and third party companies.
Forward Work Plan
Up to 36 months
- In establishing the ePMO:
- Implementation and execution of the ePMO, by helping establish a clear vision with delivery route map including interim milestones and long term measures of success / key performance indicators
- Standardising Project Management systems and processes – Implementation of the newly developed ePMO ways of working, ePMO tools and processes and organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity
- Implementing the ePMO standards of governance and ownership of the project delivery life cycles
- Providing training in the FDB tool set to project managers to ensure standards are maintained at all times
- Represent VP Global Business Change to the rest of the organisation in establishing the credibility and deliverability of the ePMO
- In delivery of projects:
- Provide input into the Global business Change Plan and portfolio as requested, to identify and oversee the delivery of a portfolio of both strategic and operational change projects within the Global Business Change Team, ensuring any business changes are sustainable.
- Follow the ePMO ways of working to deliver projects on time, on budget and to specification
- Matrix-managing teams undergoing substantial change, and be building collaborative and high-performing teams through this change. Provide on-the-job training to and motivate other team members, providing support, guidance and assistance as required to meet project objectives
- Analyzing complex situations and issues, and managing stakeholder requirements. Working in a matrix-managed environment with competing change needs and drivers. Influencing a wide range of stakeholders (up to ELT level) to manage conflicting requirements, demands and priorities
- Provide direct line management to Global Business Change Project managers
- Takes action to tie up loose ends.
- Checks to ensure data is accurate and sustainable.
- Makes sure all necessary tasks have been completed.
- Takes care of both small and large aspects of a task.
- Draws on reason and logic in making a case.
- Uses cost benefit arguments in order to influence.
- Presents arguments based on factual information.
- Refers others to source data when debating contentious issues.
- Focuses on the problem rather than the person in a debate.
Concern for Impact
- Effectively communicates in order to influence.
- Considers in advance the impact of actions on others and adjusts actions in order to influence.
- Maintains people’s self-esteem in situations of criticism, disagreement, or discipline.
- Actively seeks ways of improving current methods, systems, processes and structures.
- Finds ways to use time and resources more cost effectively.
- Points out redundant or unnecessary steps in methods or procedures.
- Actively reviews schedules to avoid unnecessary ‘overruns’.
Concern for Standards
- Explicitly defines consequences of not achieving standards.
- Works to meet standards of excellence.
- Takes action to ensure consistent application of procedures/systems.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent influencing skills and have demonstrable experience in realising and driving forward a cohesive programme of work, with the ability to resolve inter-dependencies across the company. The job holder is expected to have experience of successfully leading multi-stream or multi-site projects, delivering coherent, workable and ‘bought in to’ solutions. The jobholder will also be a highly effective and experienced communicator capable of representing the ePMO both internally and externally. The successful candidate will be meticulous, process-driven and have first class organisational and experience of relevant project management software applications is desirable.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.