We are expanding the Finance team and we are looking for a Cost Accountant to support our site in Hillerød.
The Cost Accountant will oversee site inventory transactions including:
- Oversee inventory counts and cycle counts and investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues
- Update standard costs in the bills of materials (BOMs)
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracy and variances
- Validate cost of goods sold and ensure correct validation of raw material inventory and work in process
- Update overhead costing according company guidelines
- Review materials for obsolete inventory/slow moving inventory/scrap/expiries
In this role you will be accountable for ongoing analysis of spending variances/patterns, periodic variances, breakeven points/profitability analysis and cost modelling. You will also ensure a strong and effective internal control environment to minimize internal and external audit findings and to ensure that no material control weaknesses exist at the Hillerod site. You will facilitate the timely completion of internal and external audits by ensuring that all audit requests are submitted within the agreed upon timeframe.
You will liaise with other functions as necessary in a matrix organization, including regional accounting, regional leadership and corporate headquarter.
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or equivalent) and +5 years of experience in a finance/accounting role supporting manufacturing operations.
- Experience from a similar environment with a good understanding of Manufacturing processes
- Strong knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- High level of competency preferred in SAP Financials, MS Excel
- Fluent verbal and written English skills
As a person you appreciate a dynamic environment and are flexible to changes of focus and priorities. You are a responsible and organized person with good analytical skills and who master diving into the details. You are outgoing, service minded and enjoy Business Partnering.
We offer a position with an international business in growth and an attractive compensation and benefit package.
We are screening applications on a continuous basis so please send your CV and cover letter as soon as possible.