CLD Principal Scientist
Grade – 33
Post Ref – R&D/0034
Salary – £34,521 – £43,151
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing manufacturing processes for customers biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham, UK, North Carolina, USA and Texas USA our global vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
As we continue on a period of significant growth we have an opportunity for a CLD Principal Scientist to join the Company.
The successful candidate will be laboratory-based and, working as part of a team, will be involved in cell line development (CLD; from transfection, cloning and selection of cell lines to evaluation of clonal cell lines in scale-down mimics of the production process)
They will also have a role to play in contributing to the implementation of new and innovative ways of working.
- In depth Knowledge of CLD for mammalian cell lines (ideally CHO)
- Good aseptic technique and knowledge of general cell culture methods
- Experience of transfection and cloning techniques
- Experience with high throughput cell line screening technologies, such as the ClonePix and ambr15™ systems
- Ability to communicate the progress of projects, both verbally using presentations and with written reports, to both internal and external customers
Education and experience
- A life science degree (Ideally a MSc or PhD)
- Relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience within a mammalian cell culture role
- Experience in developing stable cell lines for the production of therapeutic proteins using CHO cells
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering childcare vouchers, bikes, dental etc.
- Free parking.
- Generous pension scheme.
For further information please contact the HR & OD Team.
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to the HR & OD Team no later than 12 noon on Friday 14th September 2018
For further information please contact the HR Recruitment Team on email@example.com
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.