FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies is led by a seasoned team of executives. As a Chief Information Officer you will be an integral part to lead the organization in its mission to become the Partner for Life in the Pharmaceutical industry. You will be part of a leadership team that drives this mission through the search for continuous technology innovation, the delivery of superior service, and a strong commitment to quality. It is the strength and spirit of our leadership team that guides FDB as an organization in its daily mission to make a positive contribution to society by supporting the development of novel lifesaving treatments. We are looking for candidates that along with the qualifications required for the position have the vision and passion for driving change.
- Lead the development and communication of the organization’s policies for corporate governance of information
- Contribute to strategic plans for IT, which satisfy the current and on-going needs of the organization’s business strategy, and the current and future capabilities of IT
- Promote clear decision making, leading to valid reasons for IT acquisitions
- Promote IT policies, practices and decisions which recognise the current and evolving needs of all the stakeholders.
- Direct the creation and review of the organization’s capability strategy to support the strategic requirements of the business
- Identify the business benefits of alternative strategies
- Ownership of the FDB strategic IT roadmap that is aligned with organization’s mid-term and long term plans, to include a review of the organization’s IT capability to support the strategic requirements
- Ensure IT policies, practices and decisions recognize the needs of all stakeholders.
- Identify the business benefits of alternative strategies, plus recommendations as appropriate.
- Management of the life cycle of information systems including the future of cloud.
- Representation at the Executive Leadership Team meeting in setting and driving the wider business strategy and relating to the ELT the IT impact on any business decisions.
- Establish IT strategy for addressing business risk.
- Oversee the definition, implementation and review of the organisation’s IT roadmap and its cross-site alignment
- Create the IT structure and projects to support the IT roadmap.
- Recommend and implement any corrective action within existing IT framework including security as appropriate
- Establish and promote the overall vision for how IT can support the Business and drive it forward
- Define, and gain agreement on, the principles for establishing effective relationships between stakeholders, including responsibility for the relationship between IT functions and end users
Governance and performance
- Set strategy, operations plan and schedule for monitoring and managing the performance of IT-related systems, security and services, with respect to their contribution to business performance and benefits to the business
- Lead the organisation through the creation and consistent adherence of operational IT standards related to service delivery, development operations, information and data lifecycles and other governance standards as needed
- Lead the resolution of major service issues and problems
- Be the point of escalation if necessary for all service delivery issues
Risk & Compliance
- Review and monitor the supplier performance for effectiveness and compliance, as appropriate to minimize risk and ensure competitiveness.
- Co-ordinate and standardise a set of guidelines and procedures for one FDB to minimize risk and increase compliance.
- Ensure all supplier contracts have been approved by legal
- Lead the technical discussions and negotiations with main suppliers in order to ensure FDB contracts are delivered as expected
Finance / Supplier Management
- Own and manage the IT financial budgets for FDB global strategy and all FDB sites.
- Own and manage the IT Capital budgets for all FDB sites.
- Support as necessary the IT related element of any requests for capital.
- Overseeing technical tendering processes in respect of major IT investments, producing and verifying technical specifications to ensure fitness for purpose
- Lead and innovate the FDB IT organisation including the creation of new managerial roles where necessary
- Creating an environment for people to grow and be mentored or coached into additional roles and or skills
- Manage the site IT teams integrating their service where possible and ensuring the customer receives an integrated, consistent and reliable service across all FDB sites
- Inspire creativity and flexibility within staff and the management and application of IT
Improvement and Quality Assurance
- To ensure the FDB receives an IT service capable of meeting its compliance needs
- Ensuring sufficient IT-related capabilities (people, process and technology) are available to support the organisation’s objectives
Advanced degree preferred, BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field required
Previous experience as a CIO preferred
Previous 10+ experience (in the Biotechnology/cGMP industry preferred) or experience in field of Banking/IT
Previous experience of management at a senior level and ability to communicate effectively to board level essential
Clear and effective communication skills at all levels of the business
Excellent knowledge of Business IT systems and infrastructure
Knowledge and understanding of Industrial IT including but not limited to industrial automation and manufacturing/testing systems
Ability to operate in a confidential environment
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.