We are ‘Advancing tomorrow’s medicines’ and making a real difference to the world in which we live. At Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies, we partner with our clients to deliver recombinant proteins, viral vaccines and gene therapies to patients. As a Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization (CDMO), our focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and viral vectors with world class GMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines. We seek candidates with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve optimized strategies, and execution programs with the ultimate goal of delivering products that transform the lives of patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as an Associate Scientist with basic protein chemistry experience to become an integral member of a high performing formulation development team that supports the global Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies organization. This is an entry level position that requires routine laboratory duties (buffer preparation, pH, osmolality and UV absorbance testing) and a desire to be mentored by senior staff to grow into handling more extensive biophysical testing responsibilities. The ideal candidate would be proactive and enthusiastic in learning about the protein stability and biophysical assays that are used to support formulation development (light scattering, differential scanning calorimetry, protein folding and spectroscopy). The group is seeking a positive, team-focused member to join us in a fast-paced and rewarding laboratory and group.
The position requires the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Good laboratory skills (sample handling, chemical handling, solution preparation, focus on lab cleanliness, etc.)
- Good organizational and data integrity skills
- Experience with basic protein assays (pH, Osmolality, UV Absorbance)
- Strong desire to learn a full complement of biophysical assays
- Basic math and software skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google sheets)
- Good interpersonal skills, independent drive, willingness to contribute to the success of a team with shared goals, strong problem solving capabilities as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
- The successful candidate must be comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with defined deliverables and deadlines
Required Education & Experience
- BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related field
- ≤ 2 years experience working in a protein focused analytical lab in the biopharmaceutical industry.
Strongly preferred, but not required skills:
- Any protein based biophysical experience (DLS, DSC, CD, fluorescence, particle analysis (HIAC, MFI), MALS, etc)
- Protein HPLC/UPLC using Empower software
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.