- Assist in the development, optimization, and scale-up of chromatography processes (including affinity, IEX, HIC, etc.) and filtration processes (including UF/DF, depth filtration, and sterile filtration, etc.).
- Operation of chromatographic systems (GE AKTA, and other Unicorn based equipment).
- Operation of centrifugation equipment.
- Operation of filtration equipment.
- Participate in developing and carrying out experimental protocols.
- Maintaining detailed laboratory notebooks following FDBT procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent laboratory technique.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with writing SOP’s and batch records.
- Understanding of cGMP procedures and protocols is desirable.
- Good self-discipline and attention to detail.
- Must have good planning, organizational, and time management skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; and be willing and able to interface with colleagues in many different roles and functions throughout the organization.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching above shoulders and stretching.
- Hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate office and laboratory equipment.
- Lift up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Master’s Degree preferably in Chemistry, Biology, Life Sciences or related field, with 1 year of relevant experience; OR
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Chemistry, Biology, Life Sciences or related field, with 2 years’ of relevant experience.
- Experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.