We are ‘Advancing tomorrow’s medicines’ and making a real difference to the world in which we live. At Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies, we partner with our clients to deliver recombinant proteins, viral vaccines and gene therapies to patients. As a Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization (CDMO), our focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and viral vectors with world class GMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines. We seek candidates with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve optimized strategies, and execution programs with the ultimate goal of delivering products that transform the lives of patients.
The Downstream Process Development group at FDBU group is seeking an Associate Scientist at our Bioprocess Innovation Center in Morrisville, NC. The successful candidate’s primary responsibility is the execution and documentation of scientific experiments and maintaining laboratory equipment. The position assists scientific staff in conducting and reporting the results of laboratory experiments. The individual monitors ongoing experiments for any unusual occurrences. The individual will develop a practical understanding of own scientific discipline and apply this knowledge in support of product development.
- Experimental execution of analytical plans/laboratory procedures
- Document, summarize and report data
- Maintain laboratory equipment, supplies and work area
- May support technical transfer into manufacturing or quality control as applicable
- Be familiar with relevant literature
Proficiencies – The successful candidate has the following proficiencies
- General knowledge of basic chemistry and/or biochemistry and associated techniques
- Execution of experiments
- Independent use and application of instrumentation, computer systems and software for data acquisition and analysis
- Capable of monitoring ongoing experiments for any unusual occurrences
- An understanding of and application of required techniques in support of projects and studies according to pre-defined plans and protocols
- General knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Able to assist in the implementation of new methods and processes
- Basic equipment troubleshooting
The position typically requires a BS and 1+ years’ experience; an AS and 3+ years’ experience, and is an entry-level position for a MS degree with no prior experience.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.