We are ‘Advancing tomorrow’s medicines’ and making a real difference to the world in which we live. At Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies, we partner with our clients to deliver recombinant proteins, viral vaccines and gene therapies to patients. As a Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization (CDMO), our focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and viral vectors with world class GMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines. We seek candidates with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve optimized strategies, and execution programs with the ultimate goal of delivering products that transform the lives of patients.
FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies U.S.A., Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as an Associate Principal Scientist, Group Leader in Upstream Process Development at our Bioprocess Innovation Center located in Morrisville, NC.
The successful candidate is responsible for managing a group of scientists and acts as a technical lead for the upstream component of client programs. The individual monitors ongoing experiments, identifies or resolves complex technical project issues, and handles administrative and managerial duties for the group. The individual takes a more active role in non-routine process development activities.
- Supervises a group of scientists and provides technical development and mentoring to junior staff.
- Responsible for one of more client projects. Activities include planning, scheduling of resources, experimental data analysis, experimental design and the identification and resolution of technical project issues.
- Independently applies scientific and/or cross-functional knowledge to achieve project goals.
- Implements strategic departmental research and development goals.
- Ensures technical quality of work for project execution.
- Ensures safety procedures and culture norms are followed.
- Has proven expertise in upstream mammalian, microbial, and/or primary separation recovery technologies.
- Ability to complete technical assignments by designing, executing and interpreting complex experiments.
- Provide technical leadership for higher-level analysis involving process experimental design and data analysis.
- Partner across company functions and collaborates effectively with respect to identifying and addressing problems and opportunities that affect or require input from multiple units within the company.
- Defining and implementing strategies, initiatives, and actions to improve processes and procedures to ensure compliance with internal, industry and regulatory standards.
- Ability to deliver results within defined budget, timing, and resources constraints. Considers impact on other functional areas.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to influence and collaborate in a team environment.
- Ability to act in a supervisory role to scientists. Includes promotion recommendations, performance reviews, ongoing coaching, development planning, and administrative duties.
- Ability to matrix manage groups or teams.
- The position typically requires a Ph.D. and 4+ years of experience, M.S. and 10+ years of experience or B.S. and 14+ years of experience in cell culture or microbial technologies.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.