The Methods Development Tech II will assist in the transfer and development of analytical methods for in-process, and finished product including release testing and testing of critical reagents. This individual will also be involved in assisting with the performance of methods for quantifying virus samples.
- Performance of HPLC, ELISA, gel electrophoresis, molecular biology techniques and protein characterization.
- Assist with virus titration methods.
- Routinely follow established analytical protocols and SOPs to produce highly reproducible results.
- Assist with method transfers and method development.
- Prepare buffer solutions and perform other lab duties related to methods development.
- Collect and analyze data, summarize results and generate reports.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook according to company guidelines.
- Maintain analytical instrumentation as needed and interface with external vendors for instrument installation and operation qualifications.
- Work with samples under BSL-1 and BSL-2 guidelines
- All other duties as may be assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to perform biochemical assays, SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, HPLC, ELISA, and molecular assays such as PCR and qPCR.
- Tissue culture experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate in writing and verbally.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments with little supervision.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a manual pipets and other analytical equipment is required.
- May be required to lift up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or other related field with minimum 2 years relevant analytical lab experience; OR
- Master’s Degree preferably in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry or other related field with minimum 1 year relevant lab experience.